Pennycuick: Local Property Tax/Rent Rebate Assistance Available in March

HARRISBURG – Sen. Tracy Pennycuick (R-24) urges interested area seniors to make an appointment now to attend one of several events in March providing assistance in applying for the state Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program.

The Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program is open to residents age 65 or older, widows and widowers age 50 or older, or anyone age 18 and older who is 100% disabled, with a household income of $45,000 or less, counting only half of Social Security. Rebate amounts are calculated based on 2023 income and the amount of property tax or rent paid in 2023, with rebates ranging from $380 to $1,000.

“Income limits and refund amounts have been increased, so residents who did not previously qualify for this relief might now be eligible,” said Pennycuick. “My office will be happy to assist you with filling out the required forms needed to apply for your rebate. Call and make an appointment today.”

Residents can call Pennycuick’s office at 215-541-2388 to schedule an appointment or online for one of the following dates:

March 18, 20 & 25, 9 a.m. – noon
Montgomery County Community College-Pottstown
101 College Drive, North Hall, Room 224, Pottstown

March 19, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Longswamp Township Building, 1112 State, Mertztown

March 21 & 28, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Boyertown Multi Service Center, 200 W. Spring St., Boyertown

March 25, 1 – 4 p.m.
Trappe Borough Hall Building, 525 W. Main St., Trappe

March 26, 9 a.m. – noon
Towamencin Township Building, 1090 Troxel Road, Lansdale

March 26, 1 – 4 p.m.
North Wales Borough Hall, 300 School St., North Wales

March 27, 9 a.m. – noon
Amity Township Building, 2004 Weavertown Road, Douglasville

March 27, 1 – 4 p.m.
Bally Borough Hall, 425 Chestnut St., Bally

The following documents are required to complete the process:

  • Total Social Security/Railroad Retirement
  • Proof of SSI or Disability
  • Proof of Age/First Time Filer Driver’s License or Photo ID
  • 1099 Pension Statement
  • 1099 Interest Statement
  • 1099 Dividend Statement
  • Proof of W-2 or Other Income
  • Voided Check showing Routing Number & Account Number if you wish to have payment received by direct deposit.

Property owners will need proof of taxes paid, either stamped or signed by their local tax collector. Renters need a rent certificate filled out and signed by their landlord.

More information on the Property Tax/Rent Rebate program can be found at

CONTACT: Lidia DiFiore (215) 541-2388

Back to Top