A LEGISLATIVE OFFICE OPPORTUNITY
The Senate of Pennsylvania internship program is designed to give individuals who are 18 years of age or older, and attending a higher educational institution, the opportunity to understand how the state legislature operates and to learn hands-on how to serve a constituency. Included in this program, interns will spend one day shadowing the Senator in Harrisburg, tour the Capitol, and have a photo taken on the Senate floor.
Internship Program and Procedure:
- All interns must be 18 years or older, attending a higher education institution, and a United States citizen.
- Interns may work no more than 29 hours a week allowing them to work over 90 calendar days or 37.5 hours a week allowing them to work less than 90 calendar days.
- Interns are paid $14.00 an hour.
- Must complete an online application, which includes providing a resume.
- Await being contacted to schedule an interview.
Post interview steps include:
- Determining start/end dates and days/hours per week.
- Completing a Criminal Background Check (CBC) authorization form and a Legislative Opportunity Program form.
- Completing an employee packet once all prior steps are achieved.
This program is an excellent opportunity for any aspiring academic or public servant. If you have questions, please contact Lisa Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org.