Pennycuick Offers Local Property Tax/Rent Rebate Assistance in April

HARRISBURG – Sen. Tracy Pennycuick (R-24) is holding special hours in April to provide assistance to residents applying for the state Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program and urges interested area seniors to make an appointment.

The Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program is open to residents age 65 or older, widows and widowers age 50 or older, or anyone age 18 and older who is 100% disabled, with a household income of $45,000 or less, counting only half of Social Security. Rebate amounts are calculated based on 2023 income and the amount of property tax or rent paid in 2023, with rebates ranging from $380 to $1,000.

“We helped many residents apply for rebates in March, and I encourage folks to make an appointment for assistance this month,” Pennycuick said. “Income limits and refund amounts have been increased, so residents who did not previously qualify for this relief might now be eligible.”

Residents can call Pennycuick’s office at 215-541-2388 to schedule an appointment for one of the following dates:

April 9, 9 a.m. to noon

Towamencin Township Building, 1090 Troxel Road, Lansdale

April 9, 1-4 p.m.  

North Wales Borough Hall, 300 School St., North Wales

April 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 9 a.m. to noon

Montgomery County Community College-Pottstown

101 College Drive, North Hall, Room 224, Pottstown

April 16, 9 a.m. to noon

Longswamp Township Building, 1112 State St., Mertztown

April 18, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Boyertown Community Library, 24 N. Reading Ave., Boyertown

April 22, 1-4 p.m.

Trappe Borough Hall Building, 525 W. Main St., Trappe

April 24, 9 a.m. to noon

Amity Township Building, 2004 Weavertown Road, Douglasville

April 24, 1-4 p.m.

Bally Borough Hall, 425 Chestnut St., Bally

April 25, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Schwenksville Borough, 300 Main St., Schwenksville

April 29, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.

Encore Experiences, 312 Alumni Ave., Harleysville

The following documents are required to complete the process:

  • Total Social Security/Railroad Retirement
  • Proof of SSI or Disability
  • Proof of Age/First Time Filer Driver’s License or Photo ID
  • 1099 Pension Statement
  • 1099 Interest Statement
  • 1099 Dividend Statement
  • Proof of W-2 or other income
  • Voided check showing routing number & account number if you wish to have payment received by direct deposit.

Property owners will need proof of taxes paid, either stamped or signed by their local tax collector. Renters need a rent certificate filled out and signed by their landlord.

More information on the Property Tax/Rent Rebate program can be found at


CONTACT: Lidia Di Fiore

Back to Top