Pennycuick Offers Local Property Tax/Rent Rebate Assistance in May

HARRISBURG – Sen. Tracy Pennycuick (R-24) is holding special hours in May to provide assistance to residents applying for the state Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program and urges interested area seniors to make an appointment.

The Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program is open to residents age 65 or older, widows and widowers age 50 or older, or anyone age 18 and older who is 100% disabled, with a household income of $45,000 or less, counting only half of Social Security. Rebate amounts are calculated based on 2023 income and the amount of property tax or rent paid in 2023, with rebates ranging from $380 to $1,000.

“We helped many residents apply for rebates in April, and I encourage folks to make an appointment for assistance this month,” Pennycuick said. “Income limits and refund amounts have been increased, so residents who did not previously qualify for this relief might now be eligible.”

Residents can call Pennycuick’s office at 215-541-2388 to schedule an appointment for one of the following dates:

May 8, 20, 22, 29, 9 a.m. to noon
Montgomery County Community College – Pottstown Campus
Room 119 in the North Hall – 16 East High St., Pottstown

May 7, 21, 9 a.m. to noon
Longswamp Township Building, 1112 State St., Mertztown

May 8, 22, 9 a.m. to noon
Amity Township Building, 2004 Weavertown Rd., Douglasville

May 8, 22, 1-4 p.m.
Bally Borough Hall, 425 Chestnut St., Bally

May 14, 9 a.m. to noon
Towamencin Township Building, 1090 Troxel Rd., Lansdale

May 14, 1-4 p.m.
North Wales Borough Hall, 300 School St., North Wales

May 22, 1-4 p.m.
Topton Borough, 205 South Callowhill St., Topton

May 23, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Hereford Township Building, 3131 Seisholtzville Rd., Macungie

The following documents are required to complete the process:

Total Social Security/Railroad Retirement
Proof of SSI or Disability
Proof of Age/First Time Filer Driver’s License or Photo ID
1099 Pension Statement
1099 Interest Statement
1099 Dividend Statement
Proof of W-2 or other income
Voided check showing routing number & account number if you wish to have payment received by direct deposit.

Property owners will need proof of taxes paid, either stamped or signed by their local tax collector. Renters need a rent certificate filled out and signed by their landlord.

More information on the Property Tax/Rent Rebate program can be found at

CONTACT: Lidia Di Fiore (215) 541-2388

Back to Top